Friday 2 August 2013

Gorgeous radiators! - Who'd have thought!!?

Hands up who loves the look of this radiator?


Don't old cast-iron radiators softly ooze out bags of comfort, warmth and style?

Sadly, that's not all they ooze out. {Boom! Boom!!} I've heard too many horror stories of reclaimed radiators leaking hideously dirty water from their dodgy plumbing to want to take the risk in our lovely new space. 


Plus, I felt that using a reclaimed radiator in our new space would look as though the room was trying too hard to look 'old', rather embracing its newness but adding my own brand of style. 

Remember, we're looking at adding charcter to new builds? That's where the new breed of radiators completely come into their own.


I think they provide the best of that old-style country charm with the best that modern technology has to offer.....that's Modern Country Style all over!


There's no denying that they are elegant in the extreme. Turning a purely functional item and turning into something beautiful.


Radiators will grace your room all year round, so why not treat them as you would a piece of furniture and choose one that looks really good.

We sought out the Acova range of radiators from B and Q, for fantastic value for money. It fits lovely and snugly under our new cupboard. 


Our plumber told us the heat output we needed and we picked the radiator size that best matched. Simples. ;-) I love it's sweet proportions. 


And because this room isn't huge, we chose the slimmer 2-column Acova radiator so that it gives an old-fashioned feel without intruding into the room.


While I was taking these shots, I spotted an Acova sticker...see it in the shot above?....and was nervous that it was a permanent feature but happily it's not!! One flick and it was gone, leaving more of its yummy off-white glossy finish.


Chunky and gorgeous, sweet and lovely...is it wrong to fall this hard for a radiator?!!
 

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





7 comments :

Emma Kate at Paint and Style said...

We have them too. Only drawbacks are dust inside them and having to take them off when you redecorate as they are see through. Still, worth the hassle though!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

The first thing I saw when I viewed my condo was the rads..I was sold right away...I love them...they feel and look so UKish!!!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Jenny's apartment has radiators. They are a little chunkier than yours ... she like to sit on them when she is cold. :)

Fondly,
Glenda

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that there are so many styles to choose from now. How many times have you seen a lovely room spoiled by those flat, solid white panels?

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh, this brings back so many childhood memories for me, Sarah! We used to lay our wet mittens on the radiators in our school classrooms after recess. The smell of wet wool would permeate the room. :) Loved it! And by the end of the day, they'd be all toasty warm for the walk home. :)

xoxo laurie

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Can you believe I have the same radiators in mind to replace the too-shabby-to-be-chic one I have in the kitchen?

louise said...

I have the same radiator in my bathroom and now I want to have them throughout the house. I think they offer a vintage look with modern efficiency.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10