Thursday 23 August 2012

Top Ten Contrast Trench Coats 2012

As I explained in this post, I'm a huge fan of the mackintosh/trench coat hybrid, which looks great, with a bit of tweaking, on all shapes and sizes. 
It's the perfect blend between Modern and Country, 
and, when given any kind of contrast piping, prevents coats from veering towards dressing-gown chic, and steers them firmly towards utter fabulousness. Here, then, are my top ten for Autumn 2012....picked to suit the princess and the pauper....

Hobbs Bryony Mac £74 (was £149 

Hobbs Kirsten Mac £95 (was £159)

Miss Selfridge Contrast Princess Coat £85

Karen Millen (outlet) £88 (was £518)

Mango Contrast Striped Trench Coat £44.99

Burberry Prorsum Stretch Gabardine Trench 

Lipsy Contrast Mac £80

Lipsy Single Breasted Piped Mac £78

Savoir Piped Classic Mac £45

Kate Spade New York Trench Coat £253.09 (ebay)

....are any of them calling your name, my duckies?


Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





13 comments :

Duni said...

I LOVE the polka dot one!!

Richella Parham said...

I do love a trench coat! I particularly like the one you featured from Selfridge's--so pretty.

To tell the truth, I'm glad to see that trenches are fashionable again this year. My husband gave me a Burberry short trench back in 2008--Christmas came right after the financial crash, and stores discounted their merchandise highly BEFORE Christmas! The coat is the Burberry black and brownish-grey plaid. It's one of my favorite coats ever! You can be sure I'll be wearing again this year. :)

miss b said...

Great selection and an absolute must living here in the UK - I love the Kate Spade one.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos said...

Oh my gosh, of course I fall for the Burberry because it's so far out of my price range. Figures. ;)

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Number three is definitely calling my name... I may want to resist though, because for some reason I always look like a potato bag in that kind of thing... I'm wondering if the contrast thing would help me look good in one of those...

Cindy said...

Hi Sarah,
All of those trench coats are very pretty and stylish. I LOVE the last one.
Hugs, Cindy

Debra @ Life in a 320 square foot home said...

Oh my goodness, is it that time already? Nooooooo! Oh well, your beautiful collection makes cold weather look a bit more fun :)

Stephanie said...

That orange trimmed coat with the belt is FANTASTIC!

Elaine said...

My fave is the Burberry Prorsum Stretch Gabardine Trench. I think I like the length of it and it's a nice neutral color. Very wearable!

Great selection. I like several of them.

Seaweed and Raine said...

Yep. The Karen Millen number, the Burberry Prorsum Stretch Gabardine Trench and the Lipsy contrast one.

Paula said...

Oh my goodness - I've just returned from holiday, and you've made my eyes nearly pop out of my head! I can't believe the price reduction on the Karen Millen trench - that's incredible!! My absolute favourite, however, is the Burberry Prosum one (surprise surprise!) - great length and silhouette for me!
Paula xxx

Unknown said...

Totally late responding but OH MY GOD that piped Lypsy jacket in navy is just GORGEOUS. Love this list, fabulous! xxx

Heather said...

These are great. I do rather like the spotty one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10