Wednesday 11 July 2012

Modern Country Style in House Of Fifty

Have you heard of the scrumptious online magazine
Well, I'd say it's just about time you did,
so let me introduce you...


House of Fifty is edited by the uber-glamorous Janell Beals. 
For some reason, which is utterly beyond me, she has suffered from ageism. When the producers of a television show that Janell was potentially going to front, found out that she was all of 49, the door of opportunity suddenly closed. 
Outrageous, no?


Spurred on by that rejection, Janell launched House of Fifty a little over a year ago. Having just launched its sixth gorgeous issue, the online magazine is a big yah-boo to all those who think younger women don't need aspirational figures, and that older women don't have anything to offer. That's just total tosh. Grrrr..... Janell is exactly the kind of woman that I look up to. I've found her to be always encouraging, always welcoming and always admirable, as well as having incredibly good taste. Here's a couple of images from her home so you can see what I mean:



Each issue of House of Fifty manages to positively drip with great ideas...super-stylish but not exclusively so, these gems are ones that you just know would work for you in your own home.

Oh, and did I mention that Modern Country Style has been featured in this issue as one of two British blogs, in celebration of the London Olympics this year? 


The feature is on pages 131-135. 
Click on the image below to have a read...
{and click again to make the image nice and big...}




If you're viewing this in a reader, you'll need to click through to my blog as it's not showing up....

Thank you so much for having me, Janell. 


Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





15 comments :

Full Circle Creations said...

Congrats on the feature. I was so excited to see you there when I opened my copy.

Holly

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

I just looked at the House of Fifty yesterday and there you were girl!! Lookin' fabulous as always!!! Great feature.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Thank you so much!!

I have to say that I was shamefully excited - I had massive butterflies when I saw the feature!!

The timing was especially nice as I'm currently in the middle of a LOT of nappy-changing, feeding and trying to slot in naptimes - oh, the glamour!!

Sarahx

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Sarah, what a kind post...I'll try to live up to it! :) It was a pleasure to work with you on this feature as well as the other posts you have done in the past for the blog, you are a class act, adorable and so talented. I couldn't believe when you sent your materials that you were about to have your 5th baby, what a blessing! Enjoy...and thanks for sharing HOF with your readers today. Janell

michele said...

sarah! congratulations. i love the magazine, and what a special nod!

smiles.

michele

fourkidsmom said...

Sarah, I love house of fifty and totally agree about the age thing. that is just shameful. But their loss and our gain. I was also very excited when I opened it up and there you were. Yea! Congrats.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I get HOF in my email... I went through a few of the pages... but I didn't see your house!
I was interrupted and haven't gotten to finish it.

I must go back and read it again!

thanks for pointing this out. I love Janell and her stylish home and her blog. As I am approaching 50 myself...I find her quite encouraging!

be sweet! Pat

alex said...

The kitchen has nice solid surface worktop. Exhaust fan is beautiful.

loveandlilac said...

Oooh how super - congratulations! I really like the magazine. Being the 'wrong' side of 50 myself I say more power to Janell's elbow!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the wonderful feature, so cool!! I love Janell's home (endlessly inspiring) and the mag as well - such a powerhouse of talent and whatever the media might think, style has no age limit!

xxx

Susan T said...

Congratulations. I had never heard of the magazine until now, I love it.

Seaweed and Raine said...

Congratulations in featuring in the magazine!!! That's phenominal. And thank you for pointing me in it's direction. :) Righto - I'm off to have a browse.

Anne said...

good for her! she's beautiful, and the magazine looks great. Congrats on being featured!

Stacy CUrran said...

LOVE House of Fifty, and Janell is amazing. i don't know how she does it all
Stacy

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I have enjoyed this magazine in the past, but missed this issue. Way to go, Sarah.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10